- Condition & quinquennial surveys
- Heritage impact statements
- Significance Assessments
- Conservation Management Plans
- Feasibility Studies and Options Appraisals
- Access studies
- Expert witness
- Heritage Project Management
- Traditional design, construction and detailing
- Planning Applications (Pre-App, Outline & Full)
- Listed Building & Scheduled Monument Consents
- Grant Funding Advice e.g. English Heritage, HLF
- Maintenance Plans
- Building Conservation
- Building defects assessment & remedial works
- New development within the historic context
We have a wide range of experience of working with historic estates which include both historically intact estates for private owners or the National Trust as well as estates that have been fragmented or developed for new uses such as independent schools.
Our projects have included repair and restoration of historic buildings and landscape features as well as new build or extension within the historic context. We encourage clients to explore reuse or adaption of existing buildings to accommodate change where possible to avoid potentially complex planning negotiations and harm to the historic setting. Creative reuse can often provide a cost-effective solution that enhances social, environmental and economic sustainability of the site.
Where the brief requires new buildings, we understand how imaginative and sensitive design solutions can be used to enhance the historic setting and assist in providing sustainable futures for historic estates.