The current church of St Francis, Ashton Gate, Bristol, was built in 1953 following the destruction of the earlier C19 church in 1941. The existing church needed to improve its condition and environmental performance as well as enhance and update community facilities through the provision of a new extension and hall with easy access from North Street.

The new halls and improvements to the church are to be substantially funded by the sale of the existing church hall site for redevelopment. Proposals include the conversion of the existing Church Halls into residential units on three floors and an extension to the east of the hall to provide an entrance to the building and further residential units, 21 apartments in total.

  • http://www.fm-architects.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/St-Francis-8407-0-crop.jpg
  • http://www.fm-architects.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/St-Francis-8407-0a-crop.jpg
  • http://www.fm-architects.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/St-Francis-8407-1-crop.jpg
  • http://www.fm-architects.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/St-Francis-8407-2-crop.jpg