The Old Gymnasium at Prior Park College, Bath, built circa 1839, is Grade II* Listed. It consists of two ball courts with massive ashlar stone walls and a two storey colonnaded and vaulted loggia. By the 1990s it had fallen into disrepair, been subject to vandalism, and was identified as a dangerous structure and building at risk.
In 1995 FMA was responsible for the repair of the walls and roof, the restoration of the vaults and pen-check staircases, and the provision of access and services, with substantial grant aid from English Heritage. Subsequently it has been used for sports training and arts events. Designs have also been prepared for enclosing the ‘courts’ with temporary or permanent roof structures.